One of the golden rules to online gambling is to make sure you only play at a casino site that is licensed by a reputable and trustworthy gambling jurisdiction, like the Gibraltar Betting & Gaming Association. Find out more about the GBGA, what it does to protect online players and the best casinos with GBGA certification to play real money casino games.
Online casino websites licensed by Gibraltar
Online Slots Kings
200% up to $1000
Join Slots.lv Slots.lv Review
100% up to $1000
Visit BetOnline BetOnline Casino Review
About the Gibraltar Betting & Gaming Association
The Gibraltar Betting & Gaming Association (GBGA) was formed to establish Gibraltar as a world-class choice for online gaming operators while helping to solve common issues within the remote gambling sector. It has been operating as an unincorporated identity since January 2005, before finally becoming an incorporated entity in April 2013. The GBGA works under appointment by the HM Government of Gibraltar under the laws stipulated by the Gambling Act 2005.
What does the GBGA do?
The GBGA’s vision is to:
- Provide a safe, fair and competitive offering
- Ensure the highest standards for customers
- Establish Gibraltar as a center of excellence and integrity for international remote betting and gaming companies
- Maintain a position as a world leader in online gaming
- Provide the example of best practice in online gaming across the globe
- Show commitment to the consumer by supporting responsible gambling practices and ensure social responsibility through support for charities and initiatives
How does Gibraltar Betting & Gaming Association protect players?
In order to protect players, the GBGA has strict terms and conditions in place which licensees must adhere to at all times. Some of the best practices safeguarding player protection include:
- The licensee must ensure that all advertising, promotion and sponsoring with regard to the gambling activities shall be truthful, accurate and targeted solely at adult players.
- The licensee must always have adequate financial means to provide a payout of prize money.
- Remote gambling licensees must ensure their gambling products and services have been tested and certified with a third-party testing house approved by the GBGA, like eCOGRA or iTech Labs.
- Licensees are required to meet all accounts and filing requirements as set out in the Companies Act, the Companies (Accounts) Act and Companies (Consolidated Accounts) Act and any other applicable legislation.
- Operators must adhere to the Anti-Money Laundering Code of Practice.
The Gibraltar Betting & Gaming Association has a formal complaints system in place for players seeking assistance from the authority. Complaint Resolution Request forms can be obtained from the official Government of Gibraltar website.
Best Gibraltar certified casino sites
32Red is one of the world’s leading gambling sites, offering a comprehensive platform for real money casino games, poker, bingo and sports betting. The site is powered exclusively by Microgaming, one of the longest running and most trusted names when it comes to online casino software. All games at 32Red are audited by eCOGRA, a leading third-party authority for the testing of RNG (random number generated) software, with all financial transactions protected by 128 Bit SSL (Secure Socket Layer) digital encryption security.
Please note that like all our other recommended casino sites, 32Red only accepts players from certain countries based on the varying online gambling laws for each region. If your country is blocked from signing up for an account at 32Red Casino, stick with the casinos recommended in our table at the top of this page, which has been geo-targeted to suit your location. It is also important to note that while the Gibraltar Betting & Gaming Association works hard to ensure player protection, it is your responsibility to be aware of the online gambling laws that apply in your country – read our country specific pages for more information.